WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect, store and use the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers.
- Demographic information such as postcodes, preferences, interests and hobbies.
- Information about your computer including your IP address, browser type, operating system etc.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and / or offers.
Please note that the above such information may be collected via various ways when you register yourselves with our website, request any information, participate in surveys, promotions or any other feature of this website. Further the information might be collected by using common online collection methods like web browser cookies and other common tools. Moreover we collect information via third parties like social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Linked In etc.) that you connect to may give us information about you.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We may use your personal information to:
- To respond to your questions and requests.
- To provide you with access to certain areas and features of this website.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To administer our website.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information including the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will NEVER sell your information to third parties.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents and suppliers so far as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law and / or in connection with any current or future legal proceedings.
It is to be noted that except as provided in this policy, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties. However please be aware that since some of the courses that you buy are sourced by us and provided via our supplier’s Learning Management System (LMS), we will need to share certain details of yours in order to provide you, access to the course and fulfil our services.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information provided might be used for the different purposes as explained above. However please note that at the time of collection of information for particular purposes like promotional offers and marketing campaigns, an ‘opt-out’ option would be available depending on different circumstances. An opt-out option means you indicate that you do not want us to send any communication regarding various promotional offers and various other marketing campaigns and product information. If you have opted for the opt-out option, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the website. Moreover if you have previously agreed to us to use your personal information for such communication purposes, you have option to change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or e-mail us as soon as possible, at the above mentioned address.
SECURITY OF THE INFORMATION
We at uAcademy are committed to ensuring your information is secure and for this purpose we have taken certain standard security measures. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However please note that we cannot give absolute guarantee or promise the security of the information since internet is a public place. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any loss, damage, liability or any cost you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to this website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse the traffic and knows when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies helps us to analyse data about the website traffic and improve our website.
Please make a note that a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any other data of yours, other than the information which is shared by you to us. Furthermore, you may choose to accept or decline cookies however one must note that some web browsers automatically accept cookies. But you may log-in to your web browser settings and amend the settings to decline cookies if you prefer to. In case you opt for this option, you might not be able to take full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If a provision of this policy is determined by court or other competent authority to be unenforceable, the other provisions of this policy will continue in effect.
Copyright © uAcademy. All Rights Reserved.
CeMap is provided & awarded by The London Institute of Banking & Finance.